Career Resource Center, Inc.
The Organization Career Resource Center, Inc. is a nonprofit organization founded during the 1990 recession to provide career transition services to individuals. CRC offers personalized job search education, training and coaching from industry professionals who volunteer their services. Since its inception, CRC has guided over 14,000 individuals in their job/career transitions, most of whom live in northern Cook and Lake Counties, Illinois. During the recent pandemic, CRC has served a more geographically dispersed clientele through greater use of virtual technology. CRC’s office is located in the greater Chicago area (Lake Forest), Illinois. CRC’s high-quality services are recommended to middle to senior management professionals in job transition by a large number of community organizations including family services, Chambers of Commerce, municipal government units, religious communities and state job centers.
CRC is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation with an annual budget of $215,000. It operates with two full time and one part-time staff and 100 volunteers. We are primarily funded by user fees, grants from foundations, government, civic and religious organizations and individual donations.
We are seeking an Executive Director who is an innovative, resourceful and strategic thinker with a strong background in development, volunteer management, marketing, and Board engagement. Compensation will be commensurate with market standards and experience, ranging from $85,000 to $100,000.
The Board of Directors is looking for a visionary and strategic leader to build upon CRC’s strong record of accomplishments and to play a vital role in the organization’s next phase of growth. Reporting to and partnering closely with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will work with the Board, staff, volunteers and donors to develop and execute the organization’s strategic plan.
During the pandemic, the Executive is expected to work from the office at least 50% of the time and the remaining 50% virtual.
• Strategic management - articulate clear, inspirational and realistic goals that are understood by everyone in the organization
• Fundraising, Development and Grant Administration – secure new funding sources; write grant proposals, maintain and build upon historical funding sources
• Stakeholder management—build cohesive relationships and work closely with board, community, donors and volunteers
• Program development – ensure quality, relevance and innovation
• Operational management – ability to manage current operations while incorporating enhancements for future growth
• Financial management – exercise accuracy in preparing, managing, meeting and reporting, budgets, projections and financial results Individual Competencies
• Demonstrated ability as an empathetic and collaborative leader
• Strong experience in fundraising, grant writing and resource development with a measurable track record of success
• High level of oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively partner with a broad range of individuals and organizations including Board members, donors, external partners and clients
• Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills, with experience in writing, presenting and “selling” highly persuasive grant proposals
• Familiarity with technology related to the mission of the organization, general recordkeeping and financial reporting
• Organized with attention to detail
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment Desirable Personality Profile
• Commitment to nonprofits, philanthropy and CRC’s mission
• Collaborative mindset
• Strong interpersonal, listening and relationship management skills
• Ability to stretch when the occasion demands it
• Bachelor’s degree with a Master’s degree preferred
• 5+ years of experience in a mid to executive level leadership role in a similar sized or larger non-profit organization
• 2+ years of experience in fundraising and development
For more information on CRC please see our website at www.careerresourcecenter.org.
Resume plus a Cover Letter should be submitted to:
No phone calls, please.